Herts Air Conditioning tends to get asked three questions when it comes to air conditioning servicing; ‘Why’, ‘How Often’, and ‘How Much’. We’ll touch up the latter later on in this post.
Let us start with ‘Why’. ‘Why should I get my air conditioning serviced?’. We have listed the main reasons why you should focus on air conditioning servicing. This is applicable to both domestic and commercial properties. It doesn’t matter if we installed your air conditioning or not.
- Generally, people will wait until their air conditioning is making a funny noise or isn’t functioning as it should before calling someone to investigate. But do you know that even if your air conditioning is working smoothly, it can still lose roughly 5% of its operational efficiency every year? With regular servicing, your system will maintain up to 95% of its original efficiency. This means the cost of the service will be quickly recovered in savings on avoiding hefty repair bills and on your monthly electricity bills.
- A properly serviced air conditioning service will also do a better job of dehumidifying your home or business.
- Better Air Quality. There are so many benefits to you with having better air quality that we could publish a post just on this subject. In fact, you can click here to read these benefits.
- Improve your energy efficiency. Having clogged air filters, dirty condenser coils will mean that your AC system will have to work harder, meaning it uses more energy than it should. This will result in higher energy bills and will result in you leaving a larger carbon footprint on the environment.
- You will increase the lifespan of your system. Any air conditioning system will have a lifespan before it needs replacing. Some and most systems can last up to 20 years, as long as they are looked after. If you have a problem, ignoring it will lead to other parts having to work harder. This will lead to a major breakdown if not looked at first.
- Which brings up to the final point, avoiding large repair bills. As mentioned above, ignoring one problem will lead to other problems and that will lead to a major problem. No one wants a major problem as this will become very costly to resolve, it possible at all. Your warranty on new systems will only be valid if you get your system regularly serviced. Failure to do so will void the warranty so you will be left with a hefty repair bill or having to swap the system out completely.
We recently had to remove a system that hadn’t been serviced for a number of years. The end result was to install a new system that is more efficient than this one we took out.
So, now we’ve spoken about the reasons that you should get your air conditioning serviced regularly. Next, we touch upon ‘How Often’. Generally, we recommend getting your air conditioning system serviced towards late winter and springtime. There is some logic behind this, it’s not a case of us preferring to be working outdoors when spring arrives. We recommend this because:
- typically customers will use there air conditioning mostly during the summer months. So servicing it just before summer will ensure your system is running smoothly, at its maximum capacity and maximum energy consumption before we really need to extensively use it.
- You’re more likely to get a more timely response for your service request. During the summer months, we will be busy installing new systems. People tend to wait until they need something before actioning it. So we will normally be fully booked up for weeks, and sometimes months in advance.
- The only exception to the above is if your system is starting to make funny noises or isn’t working as it should. In this case, we would need to arrange an emergency call-out.
So far, we’ve touched on the ‘Why’ and ‘When’ of getting your air conditioning serviced. Lastly, we touch upon the ‘How Much’. Unfortunately there no set answer to this question. It will all depend on what system you have and how many indoor units you have. In order to discuss and arrange a price, we would need to visit and conduct a site survey. This can be done by filling out the site visit request form found on our home page or contact us page.
So if you’re looking for Air Conditioning Installation in Hertfordshire, contact Herts Air Conditioning today. Our prices start from just £920 for a 2.5kw system and with continuous rising energy costs, homeowners will make significant savings by using their new air conditioning system to heat their homes.
To see how much air conditioning will cost you, please call us on 01438 986008 or visit the contact us page on our website and fill out a free site visit request form.
Please feel free to follow us on Facebook by liking our Facebook page